June 17, 2011

Glass Plate Flower


I LOVE this!

I was surfing the internet and came across flowers made from glass plates, saucers, bowls, etc. put on copper stakes for yard/flower garden decorations.

I went to the thrift store and picked up several pretty plates and bowls in different sizes. My father~in~law drilled the holes in them and put them together for me.

I'm planning on having several of these in my flower garden very soon :)

I'll post a photo when they're finished. They look beautiful in the sunlight.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! This is gorgeous!! I asked hubby if he would drill some holes in glass plates for me.. he said it was very hard to do. :( So, guess you are lucky to have a FIL who could do it! :) I cannot wait to see what you've made!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. not hard to do at all! Just buy a diamond bit, go easy, and keep the drill bit wet and you will do fine!

      Delete
  2. Id like to know how you attached it to the rod. It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete