December 2, 2012

The Tree is Up!

It's barely the first week of December and my tree is up and decorated.
I did something completely different this year. After about 20 years of doing the same tree, I thought it was time to change it up.
I've always wanted to do a tree like this.
I snowmen!!
The head came from Big Lots.
The bow at the neck was one I had that I used as a tree topper in past years.
I bought 2 rolls of silver wide deco mesh ribbon and used it as a garland.
The round 'icy' garland on the tree is something I've had for several years. I purchased it on clearance at JoAnns.
The 'snowballs' are stryrofoam balls painted with white glue and rolled in faux snow.
There are around 100 snowflakes & icicles from Dollar Tree on it..
When the lights are on, the tree SPARKLES
 
I might just leave this tree up all winter :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment