October 17, 2011

The DIY Dish Mannequin Pincushion


The girls at DIY Dish created a cute dressform pincushion.

I just had to make one.

After digging through my stash and not coming up with any fabric I wanted to use, I printed my own. I scanned part of the instructions from an old pattern. I printed it onto Crafter's Image Photo Transfer Paper and cut out the pieces.

It was simple to sew. I added a thimble for the 'head' and cut up an old tape measure to dress up the waistline.
A candlestick from the thrift store is used for the base.

4 comments:

  1. That is so cute. You did really well with designing your own fabric. I have not tried that, but I have a new Flip Scan that I might try using for that.
    Beckie in Brentwood, TN

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! I sew want to make some of these for Christmas gifts! Never thought about printing my own fabs for it -- great idea! Totally ♥ the measuring tape belt, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You took a really cute idea and made it even cuter. I have the pattern/instructions for this project, but just have not gotten to making one yet. I love the idea of using a thimble for the "head". Great idea printing your own fabric, too. I may use your ideas when I do get around to making my own.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just cute as can be!! Great job with the fabric design and putting it all together!

    ReplyDelete